Friday, June 3, 2011

NookColor

Finished my first full book on my Nook. The Four Corners of the Sky by Michael Malone. It was the free Friday book last week and I still haven't gotten B&N to take off the charges for it, but I digress.

I really enjoyed this book, the author is very talented. The heroine is very realistic, in fact, the whole book is quite realistic. I could imagine this as a movie playing the entire time I was reading it. I actually felt it was written with a movie in mind. There is a good bit of interesting symbolism beginning at the title and continuing throughout the storyline and tying up nicely at the end. I will definitely go see the movie when this comes out.

The cons: I am always saddened when I see such gifts not being used for God's glory. While this was a great story, it would have been nicer if not for some unnecessary references and language. Still a nice story.

No comments:

Post a Comment